5. Church of the Saviour
The Church of the Saviour, also known as the Church of the Image of “The Saviour Not Made by Hands” or shorter Spasskaya Church, is a church in Tyumen, Tyumen Oblast, Russia, located at Lenin Street, 43, in a crossroad between the Chelyuskintsev Street. Built in a late 18th-century Siberian Baroque and early 20th-century neorussian style, the building is one of the oldest and most expressive churches in Siberia, which is under monument protection.
It is believed that the early wooden church was raised in 1586, which after several fires was reconstructed into a stable stone building in the late 17th century. The Church of the Saviour saw another two rebuildings in the late 19th century. After the 1917 October Revolution, the church was subject of confiscations of its property in 1922, and in 1930 was closed and became a momentary prison. After the failed attempt to destroy the church two years later, it has been used as an archive and a library. Nowadays the building storages material for the Tyumen Local Historical Museum, but is expected to be returned to the local eparchy in 2019.
6. Tura Embankment
The only thing in the Russian four-level structure of this kind and one of the favorite holiday destinations among residents and visitors alike. Here, close to each other is full of the city’s attractions: Lover’s Bridge, historic area, the museum “City Council” Architecture and Construction University and Holy Trinity Monastery. Embankment and Bridge of lovers – the card of the city, they are depicted on the magnets, postcards and other souvenirs that tourists bring from Tyumen.
Construction of the promenade continues today, it planned its expansion on both sides of the river Tura. Throughout the embankment scattered monuments of famous people, life and activity was somehow linked to Tyumen. Summer, early Fall and spring – the best time for walking and spending time on the waterfront. There is always noisy, a lot of people are songs with a guitar, working fountains, flash mobs and held a variety of events, to the Bridge of lovers traditionally come to the newlyweds. In the summer promenade Tours – the most popular holiday destination residents.
7. The Lovers’ Bridge
The Lovers’ Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge over the Tura River in the Central district of Tyumen. The bridge was built in 1987 – five years after the collapse of an old wooden bridge in the same location. The previous name of the bridge was Peshehodniy (Pedestrian), but in 2003 local DJs Maria Kondratovich and Timur Shkval arranged an unusual contest called “The most unusual kiss”.
After this event the city mayor Stepan Kirichuk offered to rename the bridge to the Lovers’ Bridge. On the 26th of July newly married couples, the director of the Red Army Radio Station V. Bogodelov, and the mayor of the city performed an official ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate the bridge.
8. Kolokolnikovs Estate Museum
The Kolokolnikovs Estate Museum is the only remaining classical merchant’s estate in Tyumen. The building’s facade combines elements of classical and baroque architecture and traditional Siberian carving. The doors open to a luxurious, brightly lit hall with lofted ceilings and walls decorated with vivid paintings of the Kolokolnikovs’ family. One particular painting depicts an old trade shop, which is representative of the collective image of the city’s shops. Stepping through the doors of the Kolokolnikovs’ Estate transports one back in time to the unique atmosphere of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The permanent exhibit of the Kolokolnikovs’ Estate Museum is called “The History of the House” and is dedicated to the history of the merchant families, such as the Ikonnikovs and the Kolokolnikovs. The exhibit will also explain the historical events that took place in this house, one of which was the monumental meeting between the future Emperor Alexander II and the great Russian poet V. Zhukovsky in 1837. In 1919 the estate was used as the headquarters of Marshal V. Blyukher.